Chengdu 72-hour visa-free transit
Chengdu 72-hour visa-free transit policy tips
1. Chengdu 72-hour visa-free transit policy: from September 1st, 2013, foreigners who don’t have China visas could stay within Chengdu administrative areas for 72 hours under the circumstances as below: holding a third country/region visa as well as a joint flight ticket to this third country/region, entering and leaving China via Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport.
2. International arrivals and departures area of Terminal 1, Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, has set up special boot flags and dedicated channel for 72-hour transit entry guests. There are also tips cards to remind travelers the stay period as well as the scope of activities to comply with Chinese laws and regulations. Before passing customs, it is easy for guests to find entry cards and tips cards by signs written in both English and Chinese.
3. When flights arrive in Chengdu, airline staff would guide passengers to designate area, where there are two specified border officers providing this service.
4. Foreigners who choose 72-hour visa-free transit stay in Chengdu, should not exceed the permitted length of stay, neither go out of Chengdu administrative regions. In case of force majeure and other reasons, guests need to stay in Chengdu for more than 72 hours, or beyond the city limits of permitted stay, they should go to Exit-Entry Administration of Chengdu Public Security Bureau for appropriate visas.
5. 45 applicable countries of Chengdu 72-hour visa-free transit policy in Chengdu port: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, UK, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, USA, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, United Arab Emirates, Qatar.
6. The 72-hour visa-free transit policy is only suitable for foreigners who entering Chengdu directly from other countries. For instance, if a foreign tourist arrived in Chengdu from Seoul via Hefei, he/she cannot enjoy this policy.